Saturday mornings are great, but there is a particular kind of Saturday morning that stands above all the rest for me.
That kind of Saturday begins by waking up gradually and not to the dreaded, repetitive tones of your cell phone’s alarm clock app. Lazily you toss and turn, take your morning dose of social media, and once you feel like your blankets have agreed to set you free you casually make your way to the kitchen.
Within mere minutes the aromas of hot, fresh coffee and over-medium eggs have replaced the morning’s breath (much different than morning breath). It’s quiet, other than your playlist, and you’re able to live slowly. You plan your day — or not — and you’re able to peacefully breathe for a minute, free from the stress off the past week’s responsibilities.
That’s the kind of Saturday morning I’ve had so far and I’m probably enjoying it too much. I have little to no plans of changing out of this baggy sweater any time soon, and there’s probably a second french press in my future (shout out to Caffe Vita for beans that are giving me life).
These are the jams that are on my Saturday playlist today. What kind of Saturday is revitalizing to you?
Just a few things that have caught my attention this morning:
1. Got the beach on my brain. The coastal color scheme and the easiness of this composition are making me ache for the breaking waves and days spent with my feet in the sand.
2. Calligraphy numbers always deserve to be on a mood board, especially when they are as charming as this.
3. Cherries have been my summer fruit craving this year, closely followed by red currants and watermelon. (Allllll of the watermelon).
4. Gold leaf + script font + words to live by
5. Does it get better than a glamourous metallic jumpsuit?
6. Loving the style of this illustration of the flat iron building. Miss you, New York.
7. The lines that the tile creates all over this room are so pleasing to my eye. Anything with a grid pattern is a friend of mine.
I cannot get over the hues and simple, beautiful shapes of, Nashville based fashion label, Jamie & The Jones for Spring/Summer 2014. Each piece is so organic and the combination of dye colors/techniques only furthers the uniqueness of it all. Not only are the pieces pretty, but they are hand marbled and handmade in Nashville. The collection was done in collaboration with Shutters and Shuttles.
The ambiance of the shoot could not have been better for the collection. The dewey skin, softness of the hair and speckled nails are the cherries on top. My vision of spring has been officially been epitomized.