If you know me, then you know that one thing I’m completely unapologetic about is being a coffee…snob. That’s right, I said it. With a history of working next to talented baristas, experience in espresso training and a hell of a lot of tastings and cuppings to boot I know what I like my coffee to taste like and love to educate people on why it tastes that way.
I have a few friends who are adamant that coffee is “solely for caffeine.” While that is partially true (I mean it does have caffeine), coffee is so much more than that; it’s chemistry, it’s agriculture, it’s a combination of factors that come together to form this perfect combination of… I’ll stop.
Regardless of how you drink your coffee, I’m willing to bet you have a coffee-loving friend who you are idealess on what to get for a gift this holiday season. BOY DO I HAVE A TREAT FOR YOU. I present to you…
my the coffee lover’s holiday wishlist:
• Hario V60 kettle – Perfect for pour overs and making people feel like their coffee is going to be served with tasting notes of nuts, cocoa and pretentious eye brow raises.
• Falcon Enamelwear mug – Enamelwear for the city dweller who likes to trick people into thinking they spend a lot of time outdoors. (“Yeah I love to take this mug with me when I go camping…”)
• Joco travel mug – Eco friendly and clear so your coworkers know exactly how serious you are about brewing your coffee at home before coming to work. Why use that Keurig in the breakroom? That’s for coffee peasants.
• Hario v60 – I don’t have any jokes to make about this because I want one so badly. A V60 is a way to brew a single, clean tasting cup of coffee. Highly recommend. (Pro tip: To look like a real sucker, put one arm behind your back and use with the kettle from above).
• Capresso Infinity Burr Grinder – One of the best at home coffee grinders on the market; great for a variety of brew methods and for making your friends feel insecure about their at home coffee routines.
•Mistobox – A coffee subscription is an awesome way to try different beans from different roasters and different regions of the world. Mistobox was my favorite one that I saw out there; they customize your monthly box specifically for you based on your preferences. Perfect for those friends that love to Instagram their coffee pouring action shots or well composed shots of them holding things. (RLTC pick!)
•Acaia Coffee scale – The most unneccessary, neccessary coffee item you never knew you needed. The scale connects to your iphone/android via app and gives you all the info you could ever need. (I’m in lust.) Why would your friend need a coffee scale? Learn more here
**Coffee lovers do not include: people who brew dunkin donuts coffee in a coffee maker daily OR people who seem like coffee lovers because they have an “espresso yourself” print in their kitchen.
Speak to you soon!
**couldn’t find image credit for the first one so sorrryyyy**