If there is one person that I love to celebrate in this world it’s my Mom. My encouraging, fun, honest, supportive, stylish, talented, loving, tender hearted and kind Mom. She’s the kind of mother you can’t wait to introduce to your friends so they finally understand why you are the way you are; she’s the kind of mother who is up for any adventure or new restaurant; she’s the kind of mother you want to call for absolutely no reason at all except to make her laugh; she’s my mother, and she’s my best friend. (She’s also already in the middle of a mom-sob by this point so if you’d like to email her a tissue I’ll leave a link at the bottom. Love you, Glen).
I think the best gift to give to a mom is a thoughtful one. One that you know they’ll use and cherish and that will remind them of you when they see it. Etsy is chock full of unique gift ideas that are affordable, and often customizable. Here are the links to some of the ideas I had from above:
• Get her a piece of jewelry that will go with everything, and then get yourself one to match. It’s kind of like you’re with her all the time, and she with you. I really loved this minimal, beaded gold bracelet by Flakes New York.
• I always hear my mom talking about wanting to grow herbs at home, but never having the time to buy the tools to make it happen. Create an herb gardening kit for your mom: select a few seeds (Cilantro, Parsley, and Rosemary are a good place to start), choose your pots (I opted for these vintage tea tins here and here), and pick up some potting soil. Now all she has to do is give them a little water and watch them grow.
• A new weekender bag. Giving mom a more fashionable carry on is a good way to ween her off of that rolling suitcase that she found at the garage sale. Next, you bring up the trip you’ve been wanting the two of you to take together…
• Wine stoppers are a great way to keep wine fresh for that extra day, especially when the cork is presenting problems. These are customizable stoppers that are accented with the map of your choosing. Pick a place that means a lot to the two of you and I guarantee you it will be a frequent reminder of the memories.
• Lastly, a blanket that’s fit for spring. I know that my mom loves to wrap up in a blanket while she’s watching her newest Netflix obsession or catching up on SNL; her go-to-blanket is a cream colored microfleece, but with the summer heat I thought a lighter version might be a good idea. The Turkish towel product selection is made up of towels, shawls, blankets, etc; turkish blankets are lightweight and super soft, and I know from experience that they are a breathable and comfortable option for lounging on the couch on a warm, rainy day. There are a lot of color and pattern options available here.
Mother’s day is on Sunday. No matter if you give them anything, reach out to your mom and to other important ladies in your life, and let them know they are appreciated.
Speak to you all soon!