- Texture (Does it look like it feels cool? Fuzzy is the new black)
- Proportion (Unexpected shapes makes outfits interesting)
- Athluxe (A word I learned in fashion school that means making gym clothes chic)
- Turtlenecks (10 y.o. me would be mortified)
Neutrals (Sometimes when I’m feeling crazy I wear taupe)
Just a few things that have caught my attention this morning:
1. Got the beach on my brain. The coastal color scheme and the easiness of this composition are making me ache for the breaking waves and days spent with my feet in the sand.
2. Calligraphy numbers always deserve to be on a mood board, especially when they are as charming as this.
3. Cherries have been my summer fruit craving this year, closely followed by red currants and watermelon. (Allllll of the watermelon).
4. Gold leaf + script font + words to live by
5. Does it get better than a glamourous metallic jumpsuit?
6. Loving the style of this illustration of the flat iron building. Miss you, New York.
7. The lines that the tile creates all over this room are so pleasing to my eye. Anything with a grid pattern is a friend of mine.
Speak to you soon!
What a week it is been. As you may have gathered from my lack of posts–it’s been incredibly busy. Between jobs and packing up my house and preparing for upcoming trips I haven’t had a whole lot of time to take a breather, let alone take my camera out for an adventure.
I’m incredibly grateful for these times in my life because they are when magic happens. In the midst of the buzz and the quick conversations and iphone calendar reminders and the meetings that feel like client speed dating…things start to happen. Pieces come together that have been in limbo until now and you start to realize how working hard is going to start paying off.
Leaps of faith and dreams and things are more than just the initial jump, but the journey before and after them. Leaps of faith are what keep life exciting, and no matter how scary they may seem at the time–remember that whether succeed or fail they will be worth it in the long run.
Hopefully I’ll have some more exciting photos for you all soon! Cincinnati next weekend, the beach next month, europe, and..other things on the horizon. Things are about to get real interesting.
Speak to you soon!
Happy birthday, America! I hope everyone has endulged in at least one sno cone, ice cream cone, or popsicle today! Enjoy the holiday and don’t post too many instagrams of the fireworks.
Speak to you soon!
Early tomorrow morning I’ll be loading up in a car with two of my dearest friends to escape the world for a few days. We’re headed to West Virginia for a weekend of hiking, swimming, star gazing and cabin-living.
I’m most excited about this trip because there isn’t any option but to be off the grid for a little while. Having a job that is centered around the internet means I am literally a l w a y s on my computer; or on my phone; or finding some tinfoil to make an antenna to check my email when there’s no 3G. But not this weekend. This weekend we’re stepping away from it all.
I’m taking my camera to capture the scenery (and the ridiculousness), but I’m hoping the next few days will be a big moment that we’ll just be living in. What I mean by that is instead of being consumed with the things we can take away from the trip on our phones or our memory cards we’ll be consumed with being with each other and making actual memories instead of virtual ones. I think it can be hard to do that in 2014, but I’m determined that this weekend will be full of them.
I’ll be excited to show you guys the moments I do capture. And don’t worry, as I’m sure you know, there will be plenty.
Exciting travel news when I get back! Speak to you soon!