Even when you’re playing all your cards right; even when you have somehow found a balance of working and a social life; even when you find a coupon for two free Doritos locos tacos on the ground; you are still 100% capable of having a bad day, or even a streak of them.
Yesterday was my bad day. Even though life is crazy awesome right now and even though I couldn’t be feeling more thrilled about things to come, I had a day yesterday where I felt like my dreams could be oh-so-easily crumpled like a used gum wrapper and alley-ooped into the trashcan. I felt like a flat tire whose positivity had leaked out.
I needed a pick-me-up and I needed it quick so I did what I do best: surfed the internet. I found images that made me happy and focused on why they made me happy, and then vowed to employ bits them in my life this week. Here’s a few of the images that got me on the road to recovery:
So, what are some things you can do to get out from under your self deprecating (d)rain cloud? Here are some ideas:
- Exercise. Much to my surprise, I’ve transformed into a person who has decided going to the gym is a good way to push myself of out whatever funk I’ve found myself in. After a good while of sulking in the darkness of my room I reluctantly changed into my Nikes and made my way the squat rack. Spoiler alert: I’m glad I did. Endorphins are a hell of a thing!
- Laugh. Just LAUGH. Whatever it takes.
- Gain and retain an understanding that even Beyonce has bad days.
- Convince yourself about how much you rule (I know it sounds cheesy, but it works).
- Speaking of cheesy…pizza? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- Listen to this playlist (and dance, no matter how badly) for at least 15 minutes:
Speak to you soon!